Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Book.

So, I'll admit it. I've been going behind your back, Mr. Blog. I'm sorry. I've admitted it.

What have I been doing? I'm trying to write a book. I don't know how long it will be, but it has been a lot of fun. I've been spending what writing time I have, amid my schoolwork, working on that. I know this is fun too, but I guess I get more satisfaction from writing a book for two reasons.

I can make stuff up. Here, I typically write about reality. Reality can be darn boring some times. This is also why I play games, music, do math, and read books, to some extent. Games and books are obvious, you can escape to another world with almost no effort. Music, well, good music can transport you to another world, or at least it can for me. And math? The math I love the most is totally abstract and useless. But it can describe another world, or it can be so abstract as to BE its own world, and have no connections to ours.

It's also longer. And thus, completing more and more of it, gives me a huge sense, a huge feeling of satisfaction. And I like being satisfied.

So, I'm writing a book. Will it be any good? Probably not. But I'm enjoying the heck out of it. I'm keeping this post short as I'm going to go do schoolwork, so I can finish that early and write more of my book. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment