Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Teh Bloggy + Freerice

I'm sorry about the lack of updates over the past few days. I went out of town rather suddenly. Also, school is starting again very soon, so I'm going to be rather busy. I'll try to keep these up as much as I can, but I'm not making any promises.

Today, I'm talking about Freerice. If you haven't already seen it, you should go check it out.

The premise of the site is really simple. You define vocabulary words from multiple choice answers, and because you're viewing advertisements at the same time, you are earning money. That money goes to buying rice for children in need. You generate 10 grains of rice for every word you get correct.

It's an amazingly easy way to help both people in need and yourself. You learn new vocabulary every time you use it. And it's not just vocabulary. You can choose math questions, learn about famous paintings, study chemistry or geography, even study for the SAT.

You are also helping people on the other side of the world who are starving. There's not much better cause than that.

I've set myself a goal of 1000 grains minimum every day that I'm able (read: have internet and am home more than just to get up and go to bed) and you can check me out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment